Notary in Chesterfield
We provide a fast and efficient Notary Public service in Chesterfield at competitive rates. Whether you are a business engaged in international trade or you wish to be married outside the UK, we provide a comprehensive, high quality service.
What is a Notary Public?
A Notary is a qualified lawyer with a specialist additional qualification, appointed by the Archbishop of Canterbury. The rules which affect Notaries are very similar to the rules which affect Solicitors.
What can a Notary do?
A Notary’s work normally involves the preparation and authentication of documents for use abroad, Notaries are recognised internationally, unlike Solicitors.
Many notaries do work for commercial firms engaged in international trade, and for private individuals. The most common tasks are:
- Dealing with documents for weddings abroad
- Preparing and witnessing powers of attorney for use overseas
- Dealing with purchase or sale of land and property abroad
- Providing documents to deal with the administration of the estate of people who are abroad, or owning property abroad
- Authenticating personal documents and information for immigration or emigration purposes, or to work abroad
- Authenticating company and business documents and transactions
- Notarising medical reports and police reports for use in connection with accidents abroad
Preparing to see a Notary
Although every case will be different, you will need to ensure:
- You make an appointment
- You bring evidence of your identity to the appointment, such as a current valid passport and/or driving licence and a recent utlity bill or bank statement with your name and address on it
- You understand any documents involved, particularly if it is not in English
- You bring any documents to the appointment that are relevant to the matter
Please read this guide before coming to see Stephen Gordon, our Notary in Chesterfield.
What is the cost?
The fee will be based upon the amount of time that is spent dealing with your matter, however a quotation will be provided in advance. All quotes are subject to VAT.
If you would like to make an appointment or for further information, please contact Stephen Gordon on 01246 560560 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notaries are regluated in England and Wales by the Faculty Office of the Archbishop of Canterbury of The Sanctuary, Westminster, London, SW1P 3JT
Professional Indemnity Insurance
Our Notary is covered by Banner Jones Solicitors Professional Indemnity Insurance. The Professional Rules for Notaries can be accessed either on the Faculty Office website or the Notarial services website.
The vast majority of our clients are totally satisfied with the Notarial service we provide, however, in order to comply with the Notaries' Code of Practice, we need to advise you of what to do should you become unhappy with our service.
If at any time there is anything concerning you about the progress of your matter, you should contact the Notary dealing with your case, who will try to deal with your concern.
If your concern is not dealt with in this way you can persue a complaint under the Notaries Approved Complaints Procedure by contacting the Secretary of the Notaries Society of Old Church Chambers, 23 Sandhill Road, St. James, Northampton, NN5 5LH.
Any matters not resolved by the Notaries Society's Approved Complaints Procedure will be dealt with by the Office for Legal Complaints at the Court of Faculties.
"The service I received couldn't have been better! " - Mrs C, Chesterfield
"The receptionist staff on both days we visited your office were extremely friendly and the whole experience of dealing with Banner Jones was wonderful" - T Howard
"I would like to put on record my great appreciation of the efficient manner in which you have dealt with the estate. At all times you have been so helpful and your advice when things seemed to be falling apart has minimised my stress level." - Mr S, Sheffield
""I am very grateful for all your efforts and a very satisfactory result. I cannot thank you enough for a first class service and I will happily recommend you to my friends and family" " - Mr W, Nottingham