- Family Business Advice
- Family Law
- Residential Property
- Wills, Probates, Estate Planning
- Personal Injury
- Dispute Resolution
- Employment Law
- Business Legal Services
- Commercial Property
- Criminal Defence
- Notary Public
- Executive Management Board
- Legal Costing Team
Meet the Team
Trevor Hughes Solicitor, Director, Head of Dispute Resolution
DIRECT DIAL: 01246 560519
Where did you study?
LLB (Hons.) University of Manchester
When did you Qualify?
What do you specialise in?
Trevor qualified as a solicitor in 1978. He joined Banner Jones in 1988 becoming a partner in 1990. He is head of Dispute resolution and Employment law. Trevor specialises in Employment law and is experienced in all aspects from drafting contracts and employment procedures to conducting cases in the Employment Tribunal , including the Employment Appeal Tribunal. He has appeared regularly as an advocate in Tribunals for 30 years.Read More
Trevor has acted in significant cases for both employers and employees including:
• Unfair dismissal
• Constructive Dismissal
• Sex race and disability discrimination cases
• Tupe cases including acting for large groups of transferred employees
• Equal Pay cases including acting for public authorities in single pay scale cases
Trevor has extensive experience of commercial and civil litigation with particular experience of running large scale volume debt recovery operations in respect of bo th consumer and commercial finance debt. He has particular experience of building disputes including significant claims involving;
- Succesfully obtaining the re-purchase of defective new properties by national house builders together with compensation and damages
- Succesfully recovering significant damages and costs in respect of negligence by architects in design and reconstruction of listed buildings
- Succesfully recovering damages and costs in large scale engineering and construction disputes
Trevor has considerable experience of advocacy in courts and tribunals as well as planning and local inquiries . He is also experienced in conducting arbitration and mediation hearings.
As Head of our Dispute Resolution department he encourages alternative dipute resolution procedures such as arbitration and mediation recognising that a succesful outcome on many occasions will involve negotiation ansd the encouragement of settlement on a commercially sensible and sustainable basis.
Accreditations & memberships
He is a member of the Employment Lawyers Association and a former part time chairman of employment tribunals.
Also in this department
Solicitor - Director