Divorce Across The Years
Facts about divorce
- 42% of all marriages are expected to end in divorce
- Almost half of these will end within the first 10 years of marriage
- 34% OF MARRIAGES will end in divorce BY THE 20TH wedding anniversary…
- …but if you make IT TO 26 YEARS, your probability OF DIVORCE IS LESS THAN 1%
- The chance of divorce is greatest between 4th and 8th wedding anniversary
- 53% of marriages of under 20s end in divorce by the 30th anniversary
BUT DESPITE THESE DISMAL FIGURES; the average marraige in england and wales lasts 32 YEARS.
Divorce across the years
there were only 3764 divorces. This is a small number considering the population was nearly 40 million in England and wales.
there were 120,522.
there were 165,018 divorces - this is the highest amount of divorces in a year since records began
divorces dropped down to 118,140