Toggle navigation

Coronavirus Information: We are here to help

Find out more

Road Traffic Accidents

Road Traffic accidents form the most common type of personal injury claim. If you or a family member have been unfortunate enough to obtain an injury as a result of a road traffic accident that was no fault of your own, please get in touch.

The term “road traffic accident” covers a wide range of situations, including:

  • Car drivers
  • Passengers
  • Cyclists
  • Pedestrians
  • Public Transport
  • Motorcyclists
  • Claims against the Motor Insurers Bureau (MIB)

So whether you were on foot, in a car, on a motorbike, bicycle or a passenger, our team of specialist solicitors will be able to advise you on your claim.

The first step

Through an initial free assessment of your case either by telephone or in person, we can suggest the best course of action and its likely timescale. This may be at our Accident Claim Centre in Chesterfield, at any of our offices or a place convenient to you.

No win, no fee

In most cases we will pursue compensation claims on a “no win, no fee” basis. However, we will consider all possible methods of funding, including legal expenses insurance, trade union funding and private fee agreements. The chances are that you will be contacted by a claims handler looking to represent you, particularly if your claim has gone through an insurer. They may suggest that you must choose them or their panel solicitor to represent you, however this is not the case, and you are free to select a solicitor of your choice.

Additional Support

If you have been seriously injured in a road traffic accident, we will do everything within our power to ensure you have easy access to additional support and advice on issues such as employment, benefits and welfare rights. We can also consider whether interim payments of compensation may be available to relieve financial pressures and cover immediate expenses. We can also assist by arranging any rehabilitation you may require to help with the recovery process.

Uninsured motorist

If your injuries were caused by the negligent driving of an uninsured motorist, your claim could be referred to the Motor Insurers Bureau under the Uninsured Drivers Agreement. Due to the complexity of MIB claims, it is essential that you seek the advice of an experienced solicitor.

Untraced motorist

Even if the motorist failed to stop and you were unable to trace the driver or obtain the registration number of the vehicle, a claim can be pursued against the Motor Insurers Bureau under the Untraced Drivers Agreement. In order for this to go ahead, the accident must be reported to the police within 5 days of the incident if claiming for property damage, or within 14 days if claiming for personal injuries. Failure to do so will jeopardise a claim.

We can help

We have recovered several million pounds of compensation for clients over the years, with the largest individual award obtained for a client to date being £3,275,000. With over 45 years of experience in our team we can help maximise your compensation claim. Banner Jones pride ourselves on winning over 95% of the cases we take on, so if you need a helping hand and skilled advice regarding making a claim, get in touch today.

Email us Request a callback

Talk to our team

We take data privacy very seriously, and we want you to understand and feel confident about how we collect, store and handle your personal data. If you’d like to find out more you can read our Privacy Policy.