Our well respected Legal 500 recommended and LawNet member Company is seeking a Compliance Officer to expand our Risk and Compliance Team to meet the demands of a growing Law Firm.
Full time Hours - Permanent contract.
Immediate Start (dependent upon notice period)
Hours of business are Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm.
We are seeking applications from candidates who are either Qualified Solicitors or Graduates (not necessarily in Law). This position would suit someone who is hard working, possess a strong academic background and who is bright and enthusiastic about a career in legal risk and compliance. Candidates with professional negligence claims experience; experience in risk and compliance management and familiarity with SRA professional standards will be an advantage.
The Compliance Assistant will work under the direction of and will support our Company’s Head of Risk and Compliance Department. You will join a highly respected Company that will empower you to be the best you can and will be required to help ensure the firm, its managers and employees are adhering to all relevant regulatory requirements and client due diligence processing.
Following training, the successful candidate should also be able to thrive working autonomously. Key responsibilities will include:
- Auditing files for compliance and risk management;
- Ensuring file management compliance;
- Maintaining central registers;
- Assisting with the review and evaluation of Banner Jones compliance activities;
- Supporting with the development of an effective legal compliance programme;
- Assisting with communicating and training on all policies and procedures to every department, ensuring that every employee properly understands the policies and procedures and ensuring that they are being adhered to;
- Undertaking due diligence;
- Setting up and attending Compliance Meetings and preparing agenda and minutes;
- Recording information on Training software;
- Assisting with Customer Service enquiries;
- Providing absence cover for our Asset Store;
- Assisting with the renewal of all insurances required by the Firm to include Professional Indemnity Insurance;
- Drafting correspondence and documents on client matters;
- Assisting in building lasting working relationships with staff, clients and third parties;
- Any other reasonable tasks.
To be considered for this position you must have a clear and professional telephone manner and possess strong organisational and interpersonal skills. This position would suit someone who enjoys being part of an integrated team, is professional and has a pro-active approach to meeting deadlines. You should be highly organised, adaptable and will be able to remain calm under pressure. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail and ability to keep meticulous records and accounts are essential.
You will also be required to demonstrate a committed and commercial approach to your work, be self-motivated and confident and have excellent IT skills. You will be required to demonstrate an ability to understand and digest legal terminology, apply technical knowledge and communicate complex legal and regulatory matters in a commercial astute and understandable way. You will be positively challenged and will be expected to consistently gain new skills and legal knowledge to ensure you keep up to date with new legislation and regulatory requirements. You will be expected to pursue training courses and will be supported in your development as a valued member of the Company.
Own transport/valid UK driver licence holder is essential to this post as there may be a requirement to attend offices/meetings throughout Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire and South Yorkshire.
This role offers an opportunity to work in a supportive and collaborative environment where a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered.
We are an equal opportunities employer
We are still accepting applications for this role.
If you wish to apply for this position, please click on the following link: https://www.bannerjones.co.uk/pages/how-to-apply
Please note that closing dates on vacancies are provided as a guideline. Banner Jones Ltd reserves the right to close a vacancy earlier than the stated closing date. If there are high volumes of applications received for the position, we may not be able to respond to candidates who have been unsuccessful. If you do not hear back from the Company within three weeks of the closing date then please take this as confirmation that your application has been unsuccessful and thank you for your interest in Banner Jones Ltd.