An excellent opportunity has become available for a Corporate/Commercial Paralegal to join our successful and expanding Commercial property team based in Sheffield, Chesterfield or Mansfield.
Full time Hours - Permanent Contract.
Commencement date: immediate start (Dependant on Notice period).
Hours of business are - Monday to Friday 9.00 am to 5.00 pm
From our offices in Chesterfield, Sheffield, Mansfield, Dronfield, Nottingham and London, we provide a consistent commitment to outstanding client service offering services to both the commercial and private client across a wide legal spectrum that stands us ahead of our local competitors. The Company prides itself on being supportive to its employees, which is reflected in the great employee relationships and strong interdepartmental teamwork throughout every department. Our strong sense of fair play and a great working environment ensures that every employee enjoys being part of a team whilst working in line with our core values.
To be considered for this position the successful candidate must have 1+ years’ previous legal administration experience in Commercial law, have a high degree of self-management and initiative and have a responsive and proactive approach to work. This is a support role working with Directors and Lawyers within the Commercial Property team, the successful candidate should be a team player with good organisation and client care skills.
- Competence in working on Commercial matters as delegated by Directors/Lawyers.
- Develop and maintain efficient systems to diarise and ensure all deadlines are met.
- Demonstrate excellent client care and knowledge of property transactions and procedures.
- Read and assimilate complex written information
- Proof read, with a focus on accuracy and attention to detail
- Support Directors & Lawyers in ensuring legal matters are run in an organised and efficient manner
- Ensure client document and advice history are recorded in accordance with firm procedures/case management system.
- Preparation, completion and maintenance of documents and systems in accordance with the firm’s procedures.
- Carrying out email and telephone contact with clients on routine matters and information exchange.
- Dealing with new client enquiries.
- Preparing and submitting SDLT Returns and HM Land Registry applications.
- Dealing with post completion formalities.
- Preparing completion statements and bills in accordance with Company procedures, to include collating disbursements receipts, liaising with accounts and preparing all documentation to be sent to the client in accordance with defined procedures.
- Preparing reports to clients.
- Complete legal research tasks.
- Dealing with any administrative or accounts queries.
- File Closing.
- Any other duties as required.
- Ability to take responsibility and use initiative to fulfil role.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral).
- Good time management and organisational skills.
- Excellent team player and willingness to provide support and assistance to other team members as and when required.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of property transactions and procedures
- Highly organised, careful, conscientious approach.
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team.
- Able to manage competing priorities in order to complete tasks and meet deadlines.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Previous experience of working on Commercial property matters is essential.
- Good IT Skills with knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent written communication skills.
Closing date: 6th September 2019
If you wish to apply for this position, please click on the following link: https://www.bannerjones.co.uk/pages/how-to-apply
Please note that closing dates on vacancies are provided as a guideline. Banner Jones Ltd reserves the right to close a vacancy earlier than the stated closing date. If there are high volumes of applications received for the position, we may not be able to respond to candidates who have been unsuccessful. If you do not hear back from the Company within three weeks of the closing date then please take this as confirmation that your application has been unsuccessful and thank you for your interest in Banner Jones Ltd.
We are an equal opportunities employer
Experience: Commercial Property matters: 1 year+ (Required).