Banner Jones Solicitors are looking for a Secretary or Paralegal to join our Family & Care Department based in our Chesterfield office.
Hours of business are: Monday to Friday 9.00 am to 5.00 pm
To be considered for this position you must have a clear and professional telephone manner and possess strong organisational and interpersonal skills. You will provide assistance to Solicitor(s) based in the respective office whilst also working as part of a wider team providing comprehensive secretarial/paralegal and administrative support to the Family and Care Department. You will also have excellent IT skills with the ability to work on your own initiative.
You will be expected to carry out a wide range of duties that will include:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Assisting Solicitors with a busy caseload
- Strong organisation skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to work within a wider team
- Competent IT skills
- Digital audio typing
- Copy typing
- Call handling
- Diary management
- Ensuring files are effectively organised in accordance with department requirements.
- Preparation of Trial Bundles
- Arranging Counsel
- Providing good client service
- Dealing with client enquiries
- File opening and management
- Any other reasonable tasks.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication and organisational skills and have the ability to handle and prioritise a busy workload, work well under pressure, and meet deadlines.
Relevant experience in working in this legal area would be a distinct advantage but is not essential as training will be provided.
This is a full-time position however, applications from part-time candidates will also be considered.
Salary is negotiable dependent upon experience.
Please apply in writing with CVs and a supporting statement outlining your suitability, salary details and/or experience to:-
Banner Jones Ltd
Or alternatively by email to: HumanResources@bannerjones.co.uk
We are an equal opportunities employer
Closing date is 4th May 2018