Head of Care
A unique opportunity has become available for an experienced Child Care Solicitor with 5 years PQE or above to become Head of our Child Care Department and oversee a busy and well-respected Child Care team based in Chesterfield, Derbyshire. The Care team has achieved a Tier 2 ranking in the UK Legal 500, for their outstanding work in this sector.
From our offices in Chesterfield, Sheffield, Mansfield, Dronfield, Nottingham and London, we provide a consistent commitment to outstanding client service that stands us ahead of our local competitors. The Company prides itself on being sympathetic and supportive to its employees, which is reflected in the great employee relationships and strong interdepartmental teamwork throughout every department. Our strong sense of fair play and a great working environment ensures that every employee enjoys being part a team whilst working in line with our core values.
Previous management experience is desirable but not essential as one of the key roles will be to manage and grow the team, whilst keeping an eye on the delivery of innovative legal services. The reputation of the firm is excellent and the successful candidate joins a team established over many years by the firms current Head of Department, giving anyone looking for a move a soft landing.
The successful candidate should be an experienced and technically strong Solicitor with an extensive knowledge and passion for public child care. A Children Law panel membership is essential to the role.
- You will be a highly experienced and capable Child Care Solicitor, ideally 5 years PQE or above being able to deal with a variety of public child care work including child protection issues, child abduction and special guardianship.
- You will be able to deal with front-facing clients and offer legal advice in an understandable format.
- You will have the confidence to undertake advocacy and represent clients at Court.
- You will possess excellent interpersonal skills
- You will be able to demonstrate continuous professional development
- You will be able to work independently and within a team and will have the ability to supervise, manage and develop the team to achieve their best potential
- You will have the ability to report and liaise with the Management Board on department information and provide business development proposals.
- You will be highly organised, accurate, and will be able to keep meticulous records.
- You will be committed to meeting deadlines.
- You will ideally have a portable client base of your ownChildren Law Panel membership is essential.Competitive salary - negotiable upon experience.Experience: Post Qualification: 5 years (Required)We are an equal opportunities employer. If you wish to apply for this position please click on the following link – https://www.bannerjones.co.uk/pages/how-to-apply Please note that closing dates on vacancies are provided as a guideline. Banner Jones Ltd reserves the right to close a vacancy earlier than the stated closing date.
- Applications close on August 30th 2019
- Job Type: Full-time, Part-time - Permanent
- Own transport/valid UK driver licence holder is preferred as there will be an element of working from various Courts and Company offices.
- Advanced Family Law is preferred.