HEAD OF CORPORATE – Corporate Commercial Solicitor
As part of our programme of expansion, we are currently recruiting a Head of Corporate based in Chesterfield with at least 3 years PQE in handling a broad spectrum of corporate and commercial work.
Full or Part time Hours – Permanent Contract
Commencement date: immediate start (Dependant on Notice period).
Hours of business are: Monday to Friday 9.00 am to 5.00 pm
From our offices in Chesterfield, Sheffield, Mansfield, Dronfield, Nottingham and London, we provide a consistent commitment to outstanding client service offering services to both the commercial and private client across a wide legal spectrum standing us ahead of our local competitors. The Company prides itself on being sympathetic and supportive to its employees, which is reflected in the great employee relationships and strong interdepartmental teamwork throughout every department. Our strong sense of fair play and a great working environment ensures that every employee enjoys being part of a team whilst working in line with our core values.
The successful candidate will have a strong academic background and will have gained Corporate Commercial experience within well-respected firms. They will have a natural ability to work at pace and will be able to offer our clients advice on all matters relating to the administration and operation of their company including; mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, partnerships and insolvency, company formations, shareholder resolutions and agreements, amendments to share rights, and the re-registration as public or private companies.
Previous management experience is preferred but not essential as one of the key roles will be to manage and grow the team. The role would suit someone who is skilled at building lasting working relationships with clients, willing to play an active role in the team’s business development activities and will have a demonstrable drive to contribute to the Corporate Commercial team’s ongoing success. The reputation of the firm is excellent and the successful candidate joins a team established over many years, giving anyone looking for a move a soft landing. Clients include: large corporates, private equity firms, entrepreneurs and high net worth individuals.
- Competence in handling Corporate & Commercial matters.
- Develop and maintain efficient systems to diarise and ensure all deadlines are met
- Demonstrate excellent client care, apply technical knowledge and communicate complex legal matters into a commercially astute and understandable format
- Meet with clients and provide expert legal advice in the area of corporate work
- Ensure legal knowledge is kept up-to-date and commit to continual self-development
- Run legal matters in an organised and efficient manner ensuring client document and advice history are recorded in accordance with firm procedures
Person & Skill Specification:
- Qualified Solicitor skilled in this area of legal expertise
- Credible past consistent financial performance
- The ability to build and manage a caseload, work under pressure to tight deadlines and be very self-motivated.
- Strong organisation skills and attention to detail
- The ability to manage and supervise a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Calm under pressure
- Demonstrates excellent client service delivery
Full driving licence preferred. We are an equal opportunities employer.
If you wish to apply for this position please click on the following link:
Closing date: - August 30th 2019
Please note that closing dates on vacancies are provided as a guideline. Banner Jones Ltd reserves the right to close a vacancy earlier than the stated.
A competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience is offered.