An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Conveyance Solicitor (5+ years PQE) to step up in their career to assist the Head of Department in managing and advising our Chesterfield based Residential Property Teams on all aspects of Residential Conveyance transactions.
Full time Hours - Permanent contract
Immediate Start (dependant upon notice period)
Hours of business are Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm
This role would suit an experienced Residential Conveyance Solicitor who will be responsible in assisting the head of department in supporting, advising and overseeing fee earners based in Chesterfield on a variety of Residential Conveyance transactions including Leasehold. They will have a strong academic background and will have gained 5 years or more Residential Conveyance experience within well-respected firms. They will have a natural ability to work at pace and will be able to offer our clients and fee earners advice and support.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for managing an agreed caseload of Residential Property matters from start to finish; must have a thorough working knowledge of Conveyance practice and procedures; and will be used to working with an IT case management system. This position would suit someone who is skilled at building lasting working relationships with clients and is willing to play an active role in the department’s business development activities. Previous management and supervisory experience is desirable. To be considered for this position the skills and knowledge essential for this role are as follows:
- Solicitor - 5+ years’ experience in handling/managing a caseload of Residential Property Conveyance matters including Leasehold.
- Ability to manage and supervise teams.
- Excellent team member with ability to advise, train and communicate to fee earners in an understandable format on all stages and complexity of Residential Property Conveyance transactional matters including Leasehold.
- Ability to build and manage a caseload of Residential Property matters including Leasehold.
- Ability to be calm, work under pressure to tight deadlines and to be very self-motivated.
- Ability to take responsibility and use initiative to fulfil role.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral).
- Ability to demonstrate excellent client care, apply technical knowledge and communicate complex legal matters into a commercially astute and understandable format.
Salary: A competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered.
We are still accepting applications for this role.
The reputation of the Company is excellent and the successful candidate will join an established Residential Property Department over many years. The Company prides itself on being supportive of its employees, which is reflected in the great employee relationships and strong interdepartmental teamwork throughout every department. Our strong sense of fair play and a great working environment ensures that every employee enjoys being part of a team whilst working in line with our core values.
We provide a consistent commitment to outstanding client service that stands us ahead of our local competitors; every individual, irrespective of role, is part of a dedicated team; we make sure staff feel supported in order to enable them to focus on dealing with the more important tasks to ensure colleagues and clients are kept as happy as possible whilst ensuring all team members embrace accountability.
If you wish to apply for this position, please click on the following link: https://www.bannerjones.co.uk/pages/how-to-apply
We are an equal opportunities employer
Please note that closing dates on vacancies are provided as a guideline. Banner Jones Ltd reserves the right to close a vacancy earlier than the stated closing date. If there are high volumes of applications received for the position, we may not be able to respond to candidates who have been unsuccessful. If you do not hear back from the Company within three weeks of the closing date then please take this as confirmation that your application has been unsuccessful and thank you for your interest in Banner Jones Ltd.