Trainee Solicitor - Training Contract to commence in 2019
We are pleased to announce that we have a vacancy for one Trainee Solicitor to commence a Training Contract with the Company commencing in 2019.
Full time Hours – Training Contract (2 years)
Commencement date: Immediate (subject to SRA timelines/approval)
Hours of Business are: Monday to Friday 9.00 am to 5.00 pm
From our offices in Chesterfield, Sheffield, Mansfield, Dronfield, Nottingham and London, we provide a consistent commitment to outstanding client service offering services to both the commercial and private client across a wide legal spectrum that stands us ahead of our local competitors. The Company prides itself on being supportive to its employees, which is reflected in the great employee relationships and strong interdepartmental teamwork throughout every department. Our strong sense of fair play and a great working environment ensures that every employee enjoys being part of a team whilst working in line with our core values.
We invite applications from candidates from all backgrounds, but ask that you:
- Have a strong academic record with a minimum of 2:1 degree and 3 good A ‘Level results.
- Are hardworking, commercially aware, pragmatic and imaginative.
- Enjoy working in a collaborative environment and have common sense in order to see the bigger picture.
- Are able to meet the requirements as noted by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) to be accepted as a Trainee Solicitor.
- Ability to take responsibility and use initiative to fulfil training seats and role.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral).
- Highly organised, careful, reliable and conscientious.
- Have the ability to read and assimilate complex written information
- Have the ability to proof read, with a focus on accuracy and attention to detail
- Have the ability to support and ensure legal matters are run in an organised and efficient manner.
- Have the ability to ensure client document and advice history are recorded in accordance with the firm procedures/case management system.
- Have the ability to manage competing priorities in order to complete tasks and meet deadlines.
- Have the confidence to deal with legal professionals and teams;
- Possess excellent IT skills
- Possess research techniques/skills.
What we can offer:
- Ensure up to three seats within teams that will include Corporate/Commercial Law.
- You will not just be seen as an additional resource, and you will be given responsibility from an early stage, in order to gain real and practical experience.
- Supervision and guidance from experienced Solicitors to ensure that you become a well-rounded Solicitor.
- Quality of life. We encourage our employees to have a sensible work life balance and promote an inclusive culture where colleagues will regularly meet up to attend social events.
If you wish to be considered for this position, please click on the following link https://www.bannerjones.co.uk/pages/how-to-apply and download, complete and return the Training Contract Application with accompanying letter to our Human Resources Department.
Closing date: - 14th August 2019
We are an equal opportunities employer
Please note that closing dates on vacancies are provided as a guideline. Banner Jones Ltd reserves the right to close a vacancy earlier than the stated closing date. If there are high volumes of applications received for the position, we may not be able to respond to candidates who have been unsuccessful. If you do not hear back from the Company within three weeks of the closing date then please take this as confirmation that your application has been unsuccessful and thank you for your interest in Banner Jones Ltd.