There are now many different ways to pursue a career in law and here we guide you through them using information from lawcareers.net.
What are the different pathways to a career in law?
Please click here to visit the interactive career map
A beginners guide to a career in law
Common questions about a career in law
What is the SQE scheme thart was introduced in September 2021?
What is a Law Apprenticeship?
The Banner Jones Trainee Paralegal Apprenticeship Scheme
Our ‘Trainee Paralegal Apprenticeship Scheme’ is aimed at hard-working individuals with strong academic backgrounds, who have a genuine desire and interest to learn new skills and are committed in developing a career and training to achieve a recognised legal qualification.
- Entry requirements: 6 GCSEs at grade 4 or C or above including English Language and Mathematics & at least 3 A ‘Levels at predicted/grades C or above.
The successful candidate(s) will work as a ‘Trainee Paralegal’ supporting experienced legal professionals in the Company’s busy Residential Property Department, gaining new skills and legal knowledge. Following completion of a 6 month probationary period, successful candidates may also be considered to undertake a more formal training programme where you will be expected to pursue a company funded training course leading to a first-rate recognised legal qualification and career. The types of qualification for which training may be available may include Chartered Legal Executive, Licensed Conveyancer and Solicitor.
To be considered for this opportunity you must have:
- The confidence to deal with legal professionals and teams.
- Be highly organised, adaptable, reliable and conscientious.
- Ability to use your own initiative.
- Committed to meeting deadlines whilst remaining calm under pressure.
- Possess a clear and professional telephone manner.
- Possess excellent all round communication skills providing good customer service.
- Possess excellent computer skills.
- Possess research techniques/skills
- Be numerate with the ability to keep meticulous records and accounts as attention to detail is essential.
If you are interested in this training scheme please apply in writing with CVs and a supporting statement outlining your current salary and suitability, please also provide details of office base preference and explain why you are interested in commencing a career in law, detailing any experience and why you feel you would be suitable for this role by clicking on the following link:
We are an equal opportunities employer