We have several exciting opportunities available for law students or graduates to join our 2018 ‘summer vacation internship scheme'. Candidates applying should be working towards studying or developing a career to achieve recognised qualifications within the legal sector.
This scheme is aimed at hard-working individuals with strong academic backgrounds; good GCSEs or A-levels who have a genuine desire and interest to gain an insight of working within a busy law firm whilst learning new skills.
- Location: Sheffield, Chesterfield and Mansfield - please state which office(s) you are interested in working in.
- Salary: is negotiable.
- Entry requirements: 4 GCSEs, which must include English, plus at least two other academic subjects or 3 A ‘Levels. All GCSEs and A ‘Levels must be at grade C or above.
- Full time Hours/Fixed Term contract (summer 2018)
- Commencement date: May/June 2018 or immediate start (Dependant on current course completion dates, if applicable).
- End date: September 2018 (Dependant on current course dates, if applicable).
- Hours of business are: Monday to Friday 9.00 am to 5.00 pm
The successful candidate(s) will work as a ‘Legal Trainee’ supporting experienced legal professionals; gaining new skills and legal knowledge.
To be considered for this opportunity you must have:
- The confidence to deal with legal professionals and teams;
- Be highly organised, adaptable, reliable and conscientious;
- Ability to use your own initiative;
- Committed to meeting deadlines whilst remaining calm under pressure.
- Possess a clear and professional telephone manner;
- Possess excellent all round communication skills providing good customer service;
- Possess excellent computer skills;
- Possess research techniques/skills
- Be numerate with the ability to keep meticulous records and accounts as attention to detail is essential.
Applications received will be reviewed and candidates who are successful will be invited to attend an interview.
Closing date: 18th May 2018
Please apply in writing with CVs and a supporting statement outlining your suitability by explaining why you are interested in working within the legal sector, detailing your availability over the Summer period between May 2018 and September 2018, including, pre-booked holiday leave dates, and experience in why you feel you would be suitable for this role; please also provide details of office base preference to: -
Banner Jones Ltd
Or alternatively by email to: -
Please note that closing dates on vacancies are provided as a guideline. Banner Jones Ltd reserves the right to close a vacancy earlier than the stated closing date.