Physical & Sexual Abuse Claims
Victims of physical and/or sexual abuse may not realise that they are entitled to claim compensation for injuries and losses sustained as a result of the abuse.
Whether you have been abused recently or many years ago as a child, you are still entitled to make a claim for the physical and psychological harm caused by abuse. Abuse claims are treated in the same way as other injuries and you can therefore claim for the pain, suffering and loss of amenity caused, as well as loss of earnings and other losses where appropriate. Compensation can give victims important financial support to help them re-build their lives.
Abuse may arise from various situations such as:
- Sexual/Physical abuse suffered as a child:
- In local authority or foster care
- By a person in a position of trust, such as a teacher
- Within an organisation, such as a sporting club
- By a family member
- Failure by social services to protect a child from abuse
- Abuse or neglect by hospitals / doctors / the medical profession
- Abuse or neglect of the elderly in a nursing or care home
- Sexual or physical abuse suffered as an adult
We know that talking about your experiences is difficult and may be uncomfortable. However, you can be assured that your case will be met with the utmost discretion and sympathy. To make things easier we can offer you a choice of dealing with a male or female advisor.
We know that you will have lots of questions about how the claim will be handled and what the process is, so to help, we’ve written a list of Frequently Asked Questions.
If you require further information, please contact our personal injury team or complete the contact form.