At Banner Jones we can offer guidance on suitable Divorce Financial Settlements.
Among the first questions we are asked are: "how will our finances be divided?" and "how will we come to a divorce settlement agreement?" At Banner Jones our experienced divorce solicitors based in Chesterfield, Dronfield, Mansfield and Sheffield will work with you to achieve the best divorce settlement available.
Divorce Financial Settlement negotiations take into account several factors including:
- The financial and other needs of any children
- The current earnings of both parties
- The potential future earning capacity of both parties
- Length of the marriage
- Standard of living enjoyed during the marriage and income needs
- Contributions that both parties have made to the marriage, both financial and otherwise – including looking after the house or caring for children
- Assets of each party, including accrued pension values
Pension sharing during a divorce
Pensions are often seen as a bit of a mystery, with many people not realising their true value, but in reality, your pension is probably one of your most valuable assets. It is usually the second largest asset in the marriage after the matrimonial home. During a divorce or the dissolution of a civil partnership, the value of your pension assets will have to be taken into account as part of the financial settlement process.
Taking Care of Yourself - A Guide to Managing Divorce in Sheffield
Divorce is a stressful time for anyone. This guide gives some great advice for anyone going through this particularly difficult time.
Financial Issues in Divorce
We have developed a a guide on Financial Issues in Divorce providing you with insight in to financial agreements, financial support for children, considerations for agreeing on a financial settlement and various tips.