Our experienced Dispute Resolution team regularly act for clients across a wide spectrum of construction disputes, ranging from residential building projects to high value construction contracts.
We can provide advice on all types of construction, building and engineering related disputes. Examples of the types of case that we deal with include disputes relating to:
- Outstanding payments and unpaid retentions
- Loss and expense claims caused by delay or disruption
- Defective workmanship
- Liquidated damages
- Additional works or variations under a contract
- Determination of interim and final accounts
- Enforcement of adjudicators’ decisions
- Professional negligence against architects and surveyors
We are experienced in advising sub-contractors, contractors and employers in relation to the application of standard contract terms, such as JCT and NEC. We endeavour to provide pragmatic and commercial advice, in order to defuse disputes at an early stage in a cost effective manner.
In cases where early resolution is not possible, we can assist clients in identifying the most effective process, having regard to the client’s incentives. These processes include:
- Expert determination
- Court proceedings
We offer an initial fixed-fee appointment followed up with a detailed advice letter, to assist you in establishing the merits of your case and to provide you with a suggested course of action.