Will Solicitors in Sheffield
At Banner Jones, we understand that talking about Wills and inheritance is a delicate subject. Our experienced team of Sheffield based Will writers can help you every step of the way. We offer comprehensive Will writing services to suit your circumstances. For a no-obligation quote, please call on in confidence or complete our enquiry form below.
Why you need a Will?
By not having a Will, everything you've accumulated and worked hard for won't be distributed on your terms. You have no control of who benefits from your estate.
We know that losing a family member is a heart-breaking situation and the uncertainty of financial security can be overwhelming for your immediate family.
By having a Will in place, you ensure that your assets are distributed to the people you care about the most.
The importance of choosing a regulated Will writer
The will writing market is not regulated, which means anyone can create a Will. However, by choosing Banner Jones Solicitors, you can rest assured that your Will become a legally binding contract. With such sensitive matters and the welfare of your loved ones, it is vital that your Will is actionable on your departure.
The benefits of making a Will
When your Will comes into force, your estate will be handled by an Executor. This individual will ensure that your wishes will be met by the terms in your Will.
The Executor will distribute all assets to the Beneficiaries; these are the individuals that will inherit your estate.
Examples of assets that can be left in your Will
- Property including any land or buildings.
- Money including life insurance payouts, cash, bank accounts and savings.
- Investments including shares, stocks, bonds, gold, any businesses, royalty-based assets and intellectual property.
- Physical items including white-goods, tools, furniture, jewellery, cars, machinery and any sentimental items.
Anything that belongs to you can be included in your Will
Other benefits of having a Will
To protect your family against the unexpected
When it comes to complex family structures, such as children from a previous marriage, a Will is the only piece of legal documentation that ensures the right people will benefit from your estate.
Under UK law, if you are unmarried but living with a partner, they will not benefit from your estate unless a Will is in place. The same applies to stepchildren and any dependants that are not biologically yours.
For parents, having a Will is critical. You'll need to appoint legal guardians if the worst ever happened. Without having a Will, the government could decide who looks after your children. Would this concern you?
Does any of the following situations apply to you? If so, you need a Will.
- Are you married or in a civil partnership?
- Do you own any properties?
- Do you have any dependants? Whether they are your children or stepchildren?
- Do you have any grandchildren?
- Do you own a business?
- Have you been divorced?
- Are you planning on having children?
For more information, on our will writing services call Banner Jones in confidence on <call tracks number>
Why choose Banner Jones Solicitors in Sheffield for Wills?
- Our team of dedicated Sheffield based solicitors will handle your matter in a sensitive, personal, professional and uncomplicated way.
- We offer free storage for life on all our Wills.
- We are one of the Top 500 Legal Laws Firms in England & Wales.
- We offer fixed-fee pricing with no hidden fees.
- We have a dedicated team based in Sheffield.
You can arrange an appointment to see one of our Sheffield Wills & Probate solicitors. Did you know that most of the process can be done over the phone or by post? However, once the documentation is complete, we will need to witness you signing your Will. So that, the document becomes legally binding.
Download the Banner Jones leaflet
There are lots of quick and cheap ways to write a will, so why do people use legal professionals? Open the infographic to find out why...