Our aim is to maximise the recovery of costs in cases where an order for costs is made in the client's favour or where an order for costs is made against the client to reduce the level of costs payable.
Our team has over 40 years experience in costs law, specialising in publicly funded and civil litigation costs, drafting bills of costs and replies and negotiating costs to settlement. This includes brain injury cases valued up to £3.2 million.
The services we provide include:
- Preparation of cost budgets
- Preparation of schedules of costs and subsequent negotiation
- Preparation of detailed bills of costs for assessment at court
- Preparation of points of dispute to the bill of costs
- Preparation of replies to points of dispute along with subsequent negotiation.
- In the event that agreement cannot be reach without recourse to the court we will arrange for costs counsel to attend at the detailed assessment hearing.