Vince started his legal career in 1992 as a Solicitor’s clerk in Derby, becoming a freelance Police Station Representative in 2002 whilst studying for his law degree. Vince qualified as a Solicitor in 2008, where he specialised in criminal defence before moving on to focus solely on Childcare Proceedings. Vince joined Banner Jones in 2019 and will take over as the head of the department following the retirement of the current head later this year.
Due to the complex and often contentious nature of Childcare Proceedings, it can be important to have experience on your side.
Vince is experienced in representing:
- Children in Care Proceedings through their Children’s Guardian, as well as children directly when separate representation is necessary.
- Parents, Grandparents and other family members in Care Proceedings.
- Individuals who have been invited to intervene in Care Proceedings.
- Parties in applications for Adoption Orders.
- Both parents and children in disputes concerning residence, contact arrangements for children, adoption, prohibited steps and specific issues.
He regularly advises and assists in relation to Child Protection Conferences and Public Law Outline (PLO) meetings and with other Social Care queries.
Vince provides his clients with a straight talking yet professional approach to best represent the interests of his clients.
Vince is also a member of the Accredited Law Society Children Panel.