You will need to use a Notary for documents that require certification to be sent overseas as Notaries are recognised internationally, whereas Solicitors are not. A Notary is an independent specialist lawyer with an additional qualification, appointed by the Archbishop of Canterbury and the rules which affect Notaries are very similar to the rules which affect Solicitors.
A Notary’s work involves the preparation and authentication of documents for use abroad and the most frequent Notarial services for individuals include:
- Overseas students studying at UK universities may need to produce education certificates, letters of attendance or transcripts when returning to their home country
- Dealing with documents for weddings abroad, such as a Certificate of No Impediment
- Divorce documents from the UK for name changes on overseas passports
- Preparing and witnessing powers of attorney for use overseas (giving someone the right to act on your behalf)
- Dealing with the documentation involved in a purchase or sale of land and property abroad
- Providing documents to deal with the administration of the estate (including Wills and death certificates) of people who are abroad, or owning property abroad
- Authenticating personal documents and information such as DBS checks/proof of qualifications for immigration or emigration purposes, or to work abroad
- Notarising medical reports and police reports for use in connection with accidents abroad
The Notary’s role is very important as they must be certain that you fully understand the documentation that you are signing before they are able to certify it for you. Our Notary provides a fast and efficient Notary Public service in Chesterfield and Mansfield. For a no obligation chat please call 01246 560 560. Our team will happily talk you through your requirements and confirm the price for the work. Please note that appointments are currently only available in Chesterfield and Mansfield.
We advise that you read our T&C's before coming to see Stephen Gordon (Chesterfield) or Matthew Maiden (Mansfield) as there are certain items, such as ID, that you will need to bring with you.