Property disputes can be very stressful and they can arise in a number of different ways. Our experienced Dispute Resolution teams in Chesterfield, Sheffield and Mansfield can help with all types of property disputes including:
- Boundary disputes
- Building and Construction disputes
- Enforcing rights of way and other easements (both express and prescriptive rights)
- Problems with neighbouring developments involving the Party Walls Act 1996
- Claims for nuisance caused by neighbouring land
- Adverse possession claims
- Claims relating to ownership of properties under the Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996 (TLATA or TOLATA)
- Claims relating to defective construction of properties
Our teams in Chesterfield, Mansfield and Sheffield are skilled in using a variety of different methods to resolve these types of cases, including negotiation, Alternative Dispute Resolution and Court proceedings.
We offer an initial fixed-fee appointment followed up with a detailed advice letter, to assist you in establishing the merits of your case and to provide you with a suggested course of action.
Things you can do to avoid a building dispute
Changes to way in which fees can be charged in insolvency cases.
Need to Sort out Your Finances?
Around 50% of us make a New Year’s Resolution to 'sort out the finances’ but for most of us it's more of a wish than a firm commitment to take action. Looking at the January appointments we’ve had with wealth management clients here are the topics that we’ve discussed most often. If you’re determined to sort out your finances, these may give you some food for thought.