National Living Wage- Overview for Employers
What are the rates?
2. Development Rate (£5.30 ph): workers between 18-20 inclusive
3.Young Workers Rate (£3.87 ph): workers under 18 but above compulsory school age that are not apprentices
4. Apprentice Rate (£3.30 ph): apprentices under 19 years of age or those aged 19 and over but in the first year of their apprenticeship
5. National Living Wage (£7.20 ph): workers over 25
How will it be enforced?
- The doubling of the penalties for non-compliance although this will be halved if paid within 14 days.
- The maximum penalty will remain £20,000 per worker (min £100)
- Disqualification from being a company director for up to 15 years
- Naming and shaming- 70 were published in Feb 2015
Solicitor, Director & Head of Employment Law
Banner Jones Solicitors